Observed Trials
May 07, 2024, 01:28:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do You Feel You Need 30 Days Notice for a Supplemental COTA Sanctioned Points Event to Be Added To the Schedule?
Yes - 9 (52.9%)
No - 8 (47.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: COTA Supplemental Event Question Survey  (Read 11972 times)
Instigate

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2010, 09:11:37 am »

Please place your vote on whether or not you feel you need 30 days notice to add a new points scoring event to the COTA schedule.

Thanks in advance for your vote!  It's the power of democracy!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:45:55 am by Instigate » Logged
BENT LEVER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 11:32:32 am »

I’m all about putting on events and having a good series but what I’m not ok with is penalizing someone who’s dedicated their whole year to a championship. It doesn’t seem fair to just start adding points events without some sort of organization. Whether it be throwing out events or a certain amount of day’s notice something should be done.
tstansbury
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:12:23 pm »

I like the idea of adding fun trials or non points trials.  Does not seem fair to add a points event that someone may not be able to attend.  people that may have scheduled their year around makeing it to all the points events to compete for the championship.  just my two cents I treat all the events like fun trials.
JayLael

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 05:51:17 pm »

I must say I agree with Jason on this one. It's fine to add events as long as they don't count for points, or we have enough time to plan on being there. The 30 day thing is a damn good idea, rule or no rule.
SBryant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 08:22:25 pm »

I like the Idea.... But for me... It seems something always comes up..

Work,Wife, kids - So 30 day notice is nice but I don't know it needs to be a Rule.

So the 30 day notice wouldn't even effect me. 

Like Tracy said it's all fun for me... Or I try to make it fun - and not be so injured I can't make it
back to work on Monday

Stuff happens..  I was supposed to be riding this last Sunday with you guys and but it's hard to carry 2 kids
from section to section on a trials bike... and I found this out Thursday - So I'm not in any Championship position
either but... If I were I see Jay and Jason's point a view...

My drawn out 2 cents....
jpcycles

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »

Well said Tracy. Fun trials sounds like the  fair option at this point.
marke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:09:50 pm »

I think we need to do more polls like this one so we can find out what the people really want!  First, I really like the idea of throwing out events, Jason suggested to me 1 for every 5.  This seems fair and ultimately fixes the problem.  I also like advanced notice, but don't know if 30 days is required.  We talked about maybe 2 weeks and I think an announcement email to everyone on the list would be appropriate.  One of the concerns I have about this if it is made a rule, is the trials marshal that sets up the February Trial.  The Friday before, we have an ice storm start.  Do we punish the trials marshal and put it off for 14 or 30 days?  Cancel it and say sorry for all your hard work?  Make a supplemental rule just for these type of cancellations?  I don't think that someone that wants to ride on Sunday X will really care if a trial is "points" or "fun" but the marshal shouldn't really be told that your trial isn't up to "points" specifications.  I see this upsetting some marshals and the list of those willing to put on trials right now seems fairly short.  I really do appreciate the input of others, so thanks to those of you that have posted replies...

Mark
ishy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 11:09:56 pm »

I’m all about putting on events and having a good series but what I’m not ok with is penalizing someone who’s dedicated their whole year to a championship. It doesn’t seem fair to just start adding points events without some sort of organization. Whether it be throwing out events or a certain amount of day’s notice something should be done.

It cuts both ways, the original calendar had ten rounds listed with the best 9 rounds counting for the championship, so missing a round wasn't a big deal.
Now the schedule is down to 7 rounds  three got cancelled so the series is down to best 6 of 7, so it looks like all the classes have been decided, no problem no need for myself or Trevor, to show at rock hill, I can go ride the Terra Nova that weekend instead.

I originally posted that we could get some more events in at Dallesport with no thought at all about them being championship counting rounds, I just like to camp and ride up there,  it now seems to have turned into a pissing match.

Again no problem, I also have no need to volunteer either.
tstansbury
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 10:43:30 am »

I want to say that I think this is a great group of people and I can honestly say that I like everyone involved  and I appreciate the hard work of are board members, trials marshals, observers and volunteers.  I think everyone needs to be carefull of what they type and of taking offense at what others type.  It is very easy for things to get out of hand when you are not looking the other person in the eye and can not see what emotions or lack their of that goes with the text.  We don't want to circle the wagons and then start shooting inward.  Tracy
MXER10

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 01:00:07 pm »

I agree that there should be a 30 day notice since I feel it gives everyone a chance to plan ahead for events.
Most club members are parents, have other motorcycle related events to attend,work schedules,vacations,ect so scheduling these factors in with wanting to enjoy COTA trials events,especially a points event.
I like the idea of fun trials (non-points or separate) with a possible shorter notice but some of us schedule our activites for the year well ahead of when they actually happen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: