Observed Trials
May 07, 2024, 09:58:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COTA Year End Discussion Meeting - December 1  (Read 7979 times)
BENT LEVER

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:33:08 pm »

COTA would like to invite all members and friends to a club meeting to discuss plans for the upcoming year. We can use this time to improve ideas and voice concerns. Also, we can discuss unofficial dates and get a good start in arranging our calender. Please pass the word on to fellow riders. Hope to see lots of members there.

Date: Dec 1, 2010

Time: 6:30pm (sharp)

7804 Southeast Stark Street
            Portland, OR 97215-2340
            (503) 254-2016

questions please call: Jason Matheney
                             COTA President
ishy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 12:00:41 pm »

Jason, I just would like to post that Kent and I talked about how we could get better attendance at Lolo pass, and decided if we went with a two day trial between the dates we have normaly used we can avoid summer vacations and the start of hunting season.
The dates we have are Aug 20th/21st, we would like them to be two rounds of the club championship if possible.

John.
BENT LEVER

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:34:32 pm »

COTA will be providing up to 4 XL pizzas for our meeting. Let me know what kind of pizza you'd like before 5:00pm Dec 1 and I'll try to get them on order and ready to eat when we show up!

Thanks,
Jason Matheney
JayLael

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 03:29:15 pm »

Hawaiian. Smiley
BENT LEVER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:42:04 pm »

Thanks to everyone who was able to make it for our meeting. Thing went really well and there will be lots of updates to follow. Pizza was better that expected but parking was a little rough.

Thanks
Jason Matheny
Cota President

p.s. I meet the quick reminder when you park in a empty lot that you should proably read the signs and ask yourself how come no one else is parking in such a great spot. "READ THE SIGN". I was towed and surprised with a hefty bill. Just stimulating the economy.
JayLael

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 03:58:34 pm »

So sorry to hear your vehicle got towed, Jason. Bummer that.
 On a happier note, the meeting was good, allot of constructive ideas about the future were contributed, and the pizza was very good!
. I just want to say that the club is very very lucky to have such bright and promising people, who give so much to our sport. Without you all, trials would just be something "they" do "somewhere else".
dwertsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 04:44:16 pm »

Great meeting Jason and a excellent job moderating the discussions.
Lots of good, positive ideas from the members that were able to attend - I hope we can have more meeting like this next year to keep us all on track as I thought it was very productive and helps keep everyone informed.

Hope to see the meeting notes, via e-mail or on the Website for the members to review prior to the next meeting.

It's unfortunate you were towed by the tow crooks in Portland : (

David
Bill Thompson

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 11:21:14 pm »

John,
Could your proposed August date maybe a PNTA combined event with your club event?
As we do not have a date from COTA yet. PST has a date of August 5-6 for their PNTA date.

Cheers, Bill Thompson
ishy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 08:49:53 pm »

I think they sorted COTA  PNTA rounds  at the meeting Bill
dwertsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 01:10:32 pm »

Could a summary of the discussions from the recent meeting be e-mailed (or posted) to everyone to inform the members who were not able to attend?
There may be ideas, opinions and comments from members absent that could prove valuable from them. Most importantly it will keep everyone informed on what is going on.

Keep in mind, we don't need answers or decisions on every topic, but rather a "meeting Minuets" list of what was discussed -  as many topics are still to be worked out. An example would be the idea brought up to possibly add a "class" (yet to be named) above the "advanced" class. A short explanation of what it was and that it seemed well received but no decision is yet made on it.

Finally, what was the date of the Year End Awards Banquet and the location? Everyone needs it so they can plan on the date - sooner the better.

Cheers,

David
Max
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 06:23:35 pm »

Here is what i had for notes. the awards banquet is going to be January 16th at 4:00pm

http://www.observedtrials.com/media/download_gallery/COTA%20meeting%20notes.pdf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: