Observed Trials
May 07, 2024, 07:26:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Oregon Trials Scene???  (Read 10741 times)
woodsrider

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2010, 05:07:33 am »

Hey all. Just picked up my 1st decent trials bike. Super excited, but I don't know anyone local over on the dry side that rides standing up all day. Grin
Letting all my enduro bike buds test ride my newused scooter to try to give em the itch, but in the mean time I'd love to hook up with some locals!! Total trials noob, ridden dirtbikes for years. No clue what I'm doing on this thing but I am having a blast!
Looks like your season has wound down for the year...will definitely attend some events next year!

If you know anyone on this side of the mountains that wouldn't mind laughing at a rookie...please forward my email on to them!
I live just south of Bend.
Matt
cascaderdr at yahoo dot com
woodsrider

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 01:14:35 pm »

Still lookin for some riding buddies over here on the dry (snowy) side of the mountains!!!
JayLael

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 04:01:39 pm »

Pete Fisher and Mike Falsioni at Powroll, in Bend, are vintage  trials guys. He might know of someone around your area who rides trials.
woodsrider

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 06:37:12 pm »

Thanks for the heads up Jay! Ill have to hit them up for some local knowledge! Grin
woodsrider

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 04:19:58 pm »

Found a couple! And rumor is there is a couple more!
Open invite to you wetside guys to come play on some lava!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 12:40:34 am by woodsrider » Logged
deminimis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 04:39:04 pm »

I'm a couple hours north on Hwy 97 (near Wasco).  I'd be up for some shenanigans come Spring/Summer.

Beta Rev3 270, KTM 505 XC-F
woodsrider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 09:25:45 pm »

Grin The trials riders are coming out of the woodwork! Must be the warm spell we have had over here!
There is at least a half a dozen confirmed now!!! Look out west siders here we come!
Instigate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 11:28:03 am »

I can't wait to see how the dry lava gang does in West Side mud and slop!  Come on over the water is fine!  LOL!
woodsrider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 11:44:22 am »

Lived in pdx for years and rode a lot in the Tilly and Trask! I miss the slimy clay and wet tree roots!!! Grin
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 02:43:43 am by woodsrider » Logged
woodsrider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 08:31:35 pm »

Just wanted to bump this back up. Maybe there are some new guys in the central oregon area.
I think we are up to 6 strong now!! Grin With a couple more currently shopping for a bike!
I have been trying to spread the stoke!!!
Drop me a note if your headed over to the dry side and want to ride on some lava rock!
Planning on making it over that way as much as possible as I finally got my 315 running good!
woodsrider

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 12:19:00 pm »

Good meeting the wet side crew this weekend!
I have been spreading the trials stoke over here...believe we are over 12 strong now!
Had a blast at the event. Would love to get something happening over here.
Anyone that would be into helping make that a reality please hit me up. I have a few areas in mind that I think the FS/BLM would be ok with but dont know where to begin, and would need some experienced help setting it up!

And anybody that would like to come ride some sand and lava rock open invite!! Come on over and I will show you around! We have some pretty fun terrain to play on! Tons of good camping around or your welcome to post up at my place.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:20:42 pm by woodsrider » Logged
Mr. Neutron

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 08:20:54 pm »

Hey, Woodsrider!!!

Sorry I didn't get to yak with you at Hog Hollow Sunday. I just kinda got busy yakkin' with the few folks I did already know, and a few I've recently met (Jim Stroup, for one, Greg Cox, Joe Anderson, Randy, and Mark H. All tremendous people....).

If I were going to make a stab at puttin' on a trial over there, I guess one of the first things I'd do is pick an area. Then find out what entity controls it (BLM, National Forest, Oregon State forest, or whichever), and from there find out what the permit process is like. I know there's a BLM office in Prineville, but not certain of much more than that. How far that partcular BLM office has control over what areas, & etc., is a complete mystery to me.

One possibility for some help may be from an OMRA (Oregon Motorcycle Riders Assn.) club that puts on a run of some sort over near you. Say, The Fall Classic XC race. The Lobos M/C puts that race on, and I think it's over at EFR. You could contact the Lobos M/C, and see if anyone there may possibly be able to help ya with who to deal with, & etc.. Here's a link to their "Contact Us" webpage: http://www.lobosmc.com/contact.htm

I didn't look too long at the OMRA Events calendar, so there may be other clubs a guy could get in touch with for help. Anyway, that's a start......

I currently live in Sandy, on the Wet side. But my wife & I will be making infrequent trips over there to the dry side, to look for somewhwere to live. Plan on retiring in 4 years or so, and really wanna get out of the mold, which I think is the state flower over here, hee hee......  Cheesy

Jimmie 

Trials is already hard; I just make it look even harder......
woodsrider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 10:37:53 pm »

Hi Jimmie! Thanks for the reply and the input!
10 years in portland...I was ready to dry out!
The local MC club over here is the Ochoco Trail Riders. Was planning on going to a meeting soon and this just makes me want to go more. Good thinking! Ill shoot a message over to Lobos as well!
I'll pm you my phone # if your over this way with a bike lets hook up for a romp on some rocks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: