Observed Trials
May 07, 2024, 11:06:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Ditmars  (Read 11265 times)
m wirth

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2011, 03:50:38 pm »

I was sadly informed today that my long time Trials friend, Keith Ditmars, had passed away at home yesterday, Wed 12-21-2011, from natural causes. He will be missed by his family and all of us in the motorcycle community.
If anyone hears more please post.

thank you
mike wirth
rod jackson

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 05:34:54 pm »

I remember riding with Keith at Jordan Creek one time. We were going to go down into a steep ravine to look for sections after the big storm that washed everything out in the late 90's. I went first, my front wheel stuck in a couple of feet of soft loam, I went over the bars and my bike pile drove me into the ground. Before everything stopped moving, Keith had grabbed my bike with one hand and pulled me out of the ground with the other hand. He asked me if I was alright and I replied "I am now!"

I hope my big buddy is alright now, too.....

Love and peace, Keith.

Rod Jackson
Sideup

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:59:03 pm »

Very sad news.  Our thoughts are with you Karli.  Take Care. 
Jack Betty
jt290taco

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 09:08:44 pm »

I could write a book a inch thick about all the trials clearing I did with Keith since the first time we torched up a load at the top of the Tom Street downhill 38 years ago. Freakin A Man, the only ones that go back that far is Mike Wirth, Kent Z and JL. WE sure had some good times! One by one, our fun is done. Goodbye my friend. JT                                                                                     
Tawmass

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 12:09:35 pm »

Mike, that is very sad news. Keith was always very kind to me whether at events or meetings.
Karli, my sincere condolences.
Here is the last picture of Keith & Karli I had from last August's OMRA Poker Run.
Rest in peace Keith.
-Tom
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:20:02 pm by Tawmass » Logged
ishy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 12:29:40 pm »

Sad news,  A man who  always told it has he saw it, who  in his passing  showed us how little time we all really do have, ride it like you stole it and enjoy every day you get.
RIP Keith.
David Pyle

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 02:14:00 pm »

Like JT, I remember seeing Keith a long time ago, if I recall it was for the first time in 1973 or 1974. I was checking a section at Tiger Canyon, both Keith and his Father were riding the Beg. or Nov. class, both on new 250 Bultaco's, both with Levi's, Bell Stroker caps & no helmets ! I was 11 or 12 years old and thought it was cool that they were riding together. Keith carried on that tradition riding with his Daughter - very cool.

My thoughts and prayers to the family - God Bless.
m wirth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 10:39:36 pm »

and here is a pic from that time period, 1973.
m wirth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 03:41:35 pm »

Services for Keith will be held at Finley Sunset Hills on Wednesday 12-28-2011 at 2:00PM , more info will probably be available at their web site on Monday.
http://www.finleysunsethills.com/home/contact_us.html

mike
Tanner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 04:06:58 pm »

Sad news,  I just saw Keith at the ODFW meeting to put our dates in for each of our trials next season. Keith also got a date for Karlie's trial. He was in great spirits. We reminisced about trials past and were looking forward to camping and clearing sections for next year. I miss him already and feel for Keith's family. klk.
cruisercrazy

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 01:47:42 pm »

I was so saddened by the news of Keith's passing, As with all of you I remember a great deal of time clearing and setting up trials at Lolo pass and Romona falls as well as many many miles driving to nationals and regional events. always with a grand smile and the anticipation of a small child every where he went. I will miss you my friend. God speed! Karli and family.... I am so sorry for your loss, our prayers are with you.  Duane & Sue Cry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: