Observed Trials
May 03, 2024, 04:55:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting old pictures in the proper catagory  (Read 4531 times)
m wirth

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2015, 02:50:42 pm »

Here are some more oldies but goodies, I'm sure some other club members have some pics stashed away too.
I'm sure these are from 1974 national in Gold Bar judging by the number plates and Lane's triple clamp, the first 2 are of Marland Whaley, then Mark Eggar and Lane Leavitt.

NATC C’SHIP TRIALS SERIES
1. Lane Leavitt CA
2. Marland Whaley CA
3. Don Sweet NY
4. Mark Eggar CA
5. Steve Darrow CA
6. Joe Guglielmelli WA
7. Bob Hopkins MI
8. Marvin Heath WA
9. Martin Belair CA
10. Bernie Schreiber CA
m wirth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 02:54:03 pm »

and here is Eggar and Leavitt,
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:57:18 pm by m wirth » Logged
m wirth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 03:14:02 pm »

There are more oldies under Jay Lael epic story, of which I should have put the pics here but we all started talking about the old times and so they are there, Dave Pyle should have had enough time to figure out how to use a scanner by now, I'm sure his mom and dad had plenty of pics from these times.
Now if we just had the picture of Tanner Krahel skinny dipping in the mud puddle.
JayLael

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 09:31:41 pm »

The images are very small, even when clicked upon, but I can see Marland Whaley on the works Honda in the first two photos.  The sweat pants thing was a fad at the time, and it sure shows. I remember wondering if I should get stylish workout clothes to ride trials in. Ultimately for me, the answer was no.
 Other riders went in whole hog for this mall walking getup. I did however favor the use of suit pants, for trials riding, with some knee pads over the top. Mick Andrews was a classy guy and dressed very well, so he was inspiring to me then. Mick and the rest of the Europeans demonstrated that blue jeans were passe. That's why you see the top guys wearing other types of pants than garden variety Levi Strauss jeans, and tee shirt designating your motorcycle brand. Mind you this was a time when we still remembered the old Desert racers on Triumphs with the silky vests of their club of choice,  like Invaders mc, or Checkers mc, and others.  These guys wore leather pants, or jeans but never anything quite as risque as what trials riders wore. No wonder we were considered a little bit light in the loafers at the time, much like today, trials riders are very unique. I don't think anyone would argue that a person who insists on riding a motorcycle where it basically was never intended to go, is a bit odd.  OK As ole' Jack Lael used to say, (It's a long story) "I'll see you in the funny papers".
m wirth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 01:14:46 pm »

If you click on the green paper clip under the pic you will be able to open it in a different window and enlarge it more, I had to reduce quality to be able to upload to the site.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: