Observed Trials
May 16, 2024, 08:49:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FIM-NA and Trials in Canada  (Read 1902 times)
Steve Fracy

View Profile Email
« on: July 21, 2016, 07:22:44 pm »

Hello all COTA members:

Thanks Daniel for letting me read and be part of the club forum! This post is purely an FYI for all of you, some of which are old friends, and some I haven't met yet. I recently took on the role of being part of a new Trials committee under the FIM-North America banner which also includes an AMA rep, and the CEO of the Natc, Brad Baumert. Our goal is to revitalize the North Ameican Championship and in doing so, add another element of fun that will hopefully bring riders across both our countries borders to compete in great events.

Most of the work in catching up to a level we see at US Nationals, will be taking place North here in Canada. The rough plan for 2017 is to have the US National slated for Northern California designated as round 1 of the FIM-NA Championship, and the following weekend of the Championship to be held in Ioco BC. This is very preliminary and details will be sorted out between now and when the Natc meeting takes place in October.

I also have the task of trying to do a major face lift on our Canadian Nationals with the formation of a Canadian verstion of the Natc, which I am also the Chairman of at this time. ( sucker for punishment) Grin We are making some really great strides in this department. Our National Championship will take place entirely centered out of a small town in Saskatchewan near the Montana border in an area called " The big Muddy Valley". This will be unlike any event ever in North America.

Just as a side note, there is a small group in the interior of BC who have formed something called the "WTC". This was started by one person, and claims to be Canada's "other" National sanctioning body, and holds events they claim to be our National Championship. This is of course self professed, and, in fact not even a registered entity. There seems to be no real goal. Although anyone organizing or promoting an event is always good as its always hard to find good people to do so, claiming an event is a National Championship is false. Just like the AMA, in Canada, the CMA is the only official sanctioning body who is recognized by the FIM, the world sanctioning body for motorcycle sport. This is meant just to eliminate any confusion.

We are working hard at creating an already great relationship between our two countries trials riders and we hope to have as much support as possible going forward. We are also looking to try and hold another World Round Trial in Canada again in 2019. Thanks again to everyone and if you have any questions regarding any of this, I am always glad to answer.

Best Regards. Steve Fracy
Blancgonnet
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 08:55:52 am »

Steve,

Thanks for the info! Is there any other FIM-NA events this year? Was Oregon a two day FIM-NA championship?

Thanks again,

Daniel Blanc-Gonnet
Steve Fracy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 06:23:39 pm »

Hi Daniel:

Yes, your Oregon National this year was the sole FIM-NA event for 2016. There are no more scheduled for this year. The series will be in the West next year with the addition of the Canadian round mentioned. It will alternate from East to West each year.

Steve
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: