Observed Trials
May 02, 2024, 06:53:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COTA status  (Read 2194 times)
David Pyle

View Profile Email
« on: May 18, 2020, 01:32:59 pm »

I kind of expected to see at least a few posts on the forum with you all having a little time on your hands? Hope you all are doing well and staying safe and healthy and getting to ride at little while "social distancing".

I did have an observation - Jay Terry pretty much invented Social Distancing many years ago. Such a trend setter.
reidinitaly

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 02:08:57 pm »

Most the posts have been happening on the Facebook page as of late - riding is still happening when time/weather still allows.  Luckily social distancing is fairly easy to maintain while blipping through the rock gardens!
JayLael

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 12:41:55 pm »

Dave Pyle, The last event at Sweeten's was pretty tough! Check out these results. Our lad Clarence has risen to a new level, and is pretty dominant, since he gave up sugar and hamburgers. Not sure it's worth it, but it obviously has worked.
JayLael

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 11:37:46 am »

Second set of results
David Pyle

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 08:48:02 pm »

Jay,

Thanks for posting those results! Great to see you guys getting some events in. Looks like a good turn out and everyone got their $'s worth by the look of the scores! I am looking forward to making it back up to the NW to ride again and try to redeem myself after last year at Diamond Mill !
JayLael

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 02:32:23 pm »

Dave: Have you ever seen so many dnfs in a local trial? I hope these guys come back. Not everyone enjoys trials that difficult. For some sick reason I LOVE them this hard, even though my performance wasn't as good as I would have liked. It's still super fun anyway.

I heard all about your crash at Diamond Mill on Sunday of the national. I hope you healed up ok. Us older guys don't heal up that quick as you know. Glad to hear you're still going for it anyway. Me too, I mean in general, it's the only thing to do. I think these days there are very few guys around who used to ride at Tiger Canyon English trials. Wink
David Pyle

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 11:14:51 pm »

Jay, I have not seen that many DNF's in a while!

Ya, I ran out of talent at the National, that's the first time that I have missed a day of work from a Trials injury in 47+ years of riding. Broke my collar bone and scapula, 5 ribs in 9 pcs. Needed surgery on the ribs, 23 screws and 4 plates, they went in from the back. Guess I am a delicate flower? Doing pretty well now, but still not 100%. I started riding again in Dec. so that is a plus. My Wife Michelle is a Saint for taking care of me and putting up with me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: