Observed Trials
May 19, 2024, 12:18:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CEDAR CREEK TRIALS 9-26-10  (Read 5383 times)
BENT LEVER

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2010, 05:58:52 pm »

Cedar Creek Trials is a GO!

Thanks to all those who put in countless hours cleaning sections because they look better than you could ever imagine! Hope to see everyone there.

Sign-up 8:30am

First riders 9:30am

(possible group check depending on morning vote, let us know what your thoughts are.)
Instigate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:42:04 am »

I vote for group check.

It gives everyone the opportunity for more riding time! 
ishy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 02:20:11 pm »

Trevor and I will be going, but can"t make it down until Sunday, would of liked to camp with the crew, but our lad leaves Sunday so best spend Saturday with him.

Julio, tells me nothing has moved at Dallesport, so we should be able to get some make-up events there, not hard to do if plenty show up on a Satyrday and do one or two sections each, we have had some good trials done this way in the past.
BENT LEVER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 06:23:25 pm »

Having a make up event sound great, but like I told Max and Brian when they wanted to add another points event earlier in the year. We must give Club members a 30 day notice when adding a points event so members can plan ahead in there schedule so it's fair to everyone.

Thanks Jason
Brian Clarke
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 05:39:24 pm »

Jason, I cannot see in the COTA Rules where it says that we have to give 30-day notice for an event?
   I think if somebody wants to put on an event. Lets let them put on a event. Let us get the club back on track!
Instigate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:15:10 pm »

I concur.  We should never be turning down anyone's offer to put on an event. 

As we have seen this year without a predetermined trials marshal committed to the events, more times than not, the event is a no go. 

« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 10:57:44 am by Instigate » Logged
marke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 11:55:30 pm »

I like the idea of group check!  (have to relieve the Mrs. with childcare in the afternoon!)  Maybe we can have a brief meeting at Cedar Creek and find out when Dallesport works.  We can also discuss the 30 day notification idea (it is generally nice to have this ideal, advanced notice but we do live in the real world and are not getting 30 days advanced cancellation notice), maybe making best 7 of 9 events or whatever and get some group feedback.  Hope to see you all there.
BENT LEVER

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 04:56:15 pm »

I’m all about putting on events and having a good series but what I’m not ok with is penalizing someone who’s dedicated their whole year to a championship. It doesn’t seem fair to just start adding points events without some sort of organization. Whether it be throwing out events or a certain amount of day’s notice something should be done. You're right its not in the rules but it was discussed at our yearly meeting. This is where our added FUN TRIAL comes to play. Anyone can add any event at anytime and no one will get his or her panties in a bunch. And about the comment “Let us get the club back on track!”
What is the true meaning of back on track? Is it where club members are volunteering to help trial marshals, is it when members are showing up at award and year end meetings, or maybe it’s when their actually showing up and participating in events. What ever it is I’m on the same page.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:08:40 pm by BENT LEVER » Logged
Instigate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 08:26:35 pm »

A big thank you goes out to Keith Ditmars and crew for putting on a terrific trial today.  I had a great time even considering the incessant monsoon like conditions!

Also, a big shout out to Brian Clarke and Mark Snyder!  I had fun riding with you guys today!  That's what it's all about!  Having fun!  Viva La Group Check!   Grin 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 11:46:45 am by Instigate » Logged
tstansbury
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 10:44:48 am »

great event thanks to all.  Hope Trevor has recovered
ishy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 02:20:55 pm »

great event thanks to all.  Hope Trevor has recovered

He's fine now, bit of a sore neck for a day but it seems to have mended.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: