Observed Trials
May 19, 2024, 12:09:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cedar Creek Club Trial - Coming Up!  (Read 2678 times)
dwertsch

View Profile Email
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:17:54 am »

Get prepared for the Cedar Creek Trial riders!

Paul will be doing a ONE day Club ride this year on Sunday.
Should be a great event - lets show our support and ride and enjoy the great sections he has put together!

See everyone there!
JayLael

View Profile Email
!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:06:43 pm »

Paul Endres has done a bang up job of making a fantastic trials event yet again. The loop, sections and general atmosphere were top notch as always. There were even brats cooked over a wood fire, with buns, and all the fixin's, and a strider bike trials for the little kids. It was fantastic! Well done to Paul and everyone who helped make this event great!
 I cannot for the life of me understand how such a thriving, well run event could pass by with no fanfare. Ironic to me that we have no results, or news, or photos. It's like we're trying to keep trials a secret. Well I am but one voice in the wilderness, who is stoked about trials, and believe that I am not the only one. You can blame politics or whatever you want, but there is no real excuse for such an incredible lack of effort to report the news.
 I recommend highly that if you are interested in trials, that you don't let this lame web site stop you from attending one of the coolest sports ever. The trials world has always been somewhat underreported, but the current apathetic approach is shameful.
Thank you again to Paul Endres for all his hard work and dedication.
dwertsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 08:09:39 am »

Glad to hear you are so enthusiastic (and most of us are by the way) about Trials! It sure would be great if you would offer up some ideas or suggestions on how things can be improved for both the Club and Trials in general. Even better, volunteer your time to help with the workload.

The website is a challenge to keep updated and managed at times, we could use help with it. If you don’t like something about it I would encourage you to make suggestions to how we can improve it or let someone know what you specifically don’t like - Just calling it Lame does nothing to make it better and frankly is offensive to those who donated their time to work setting it up. Is it perfect, well no it’s not. However, there was a lot of work done to get a website set-up in the first place to create a tool to for you to communicate to other riders. Keeping track of points and championship for the year is a very big task as well. Are you willing to volunteer with your time to complete one of these tasks?

It would be fantastic if you would help do something for the club. There are lots of chores:  Creating New Flyers or even just Printing the Event Flyers and posting them at motorcycle clubs in your area, sending them to fellow riders, offering to keep track of points for the year, organizing the trials box and making sure it get’s to the trials marshals so they can prepare for their event, making sure Marshal’s have the legal forms needed so you can sign-up to ride, ensure bathroom facilities are available, make sure the liability insurance for the different locations we ride is up to date and paid so we limit our exposure to a lawsuit, organize the annual banquet and most of all create the schedule for the year and encourage more riders to step up and be a trials marshall  - I’m sure there are other things as well. We could use your help - What would you like to do?

At the Annual Banquette for the past THREE years we asked for new officers to step forward to help run the club.
Not ONE person stepped forward to say hey, I’ve ridden lots of events and benefited from everyone else's hard work -  I’d like to help out and be an officer and participate in running the day to day needs to make sure we can keep having and enjoying Trials Events in the future.

We love having all the riders participate and it’s great that many of you can make it to all the events. We all do this because we love the sport and we do it during what little spare time we have available between work and family and current and new jobs and other responsibilities. Each of us also sets up at least one trial per year or helps other trails marshals with the task. All the current officers have full time jobs like you but are are making sure you can enjoy going to about 10 well organized trials during the year in their spare time.

There are many riders - not currently officers - that have also put in a great deal of their own time for the Club in the past years and we should all recognize that and thank them for their past efforts.

There are others that have yet to offer their time and or at least step-up and ask what can I do to help?
So ask yourself, what can you do to help the club grow and make it run better?

Maybe:
- Volunteer to do something to promote our club.
   Since you have a long lasting relationship with all the vintage riders, help us to know what they like to ride for sections.
   Educate us to include them in our events so we don’t make the sections too difficult. Maybe they will come ride with us.

- Report on events you go too. It's not the officers responsibility to do this, we often don't make every event.
- Plan vintage appropriate sections at your event this fall to include the vintage guys - we would love to have them.

- Help out a trials marshal. There is only a handful of us lately.  EVERYONE could offer to clean a few sections after an event to help them out, ride the loop for them to make sure it’s marked well and mark areas where you might think someone could get lost.

One final note to all Club riders. This is your club. It will only improve with your ideas and your participation to implement your ideas.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the next event!
Keep your feet up!

COTA Officers
Brian, Kirk, David, Max
johnishy

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 07:10:47 am »

http://www.observedtrials.com/media/download_gallery/COTA%20ROUND%205%20CEDAR%20CREEK.pdf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: