Observed Trials
May 18, 2024, 11:31:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lolo Pass July 18th  (Read 1774 times)
beta_z

View Profile Email
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:49:46 am »

Here is the info for Lolo Pass #1 3rd points event.
I have this in a poster form that I will email to the web master. Need email address. The email poster from last year would work with a couple of changes.
My email address is kz@accesselectric.biz
I can attach and forward the formatted copy if that helps.
The loop and section areas are cleared. All that's left is ribboning sections. Keith and I will be returning to the Pass on Saturday the July 3rd. If anyone would like to come up and help layout and ribbon sections, we'll see you there.
Thanks Kent
971-645-8152

OBSERVED TRIALS at LAND of the GIANTS
July 18, 2010
COTA Points Event #3
     MT. SCOTT / COTA
     CO-SPONSERED EVENT

Lolo Pass on Forest rd. #18, Mt. Hood, OR.
Trials Marshals: Keith Ditmars & Kent Zimmerman 503-642-4333

Sunday: COTA Points event. $20.00 Novice and Vintage B. $25.00 Remaining classes.
Classes: Novice, A&B vintage and intermediate in the morning. Advanced, expert and champ in the afternoon.

PM riders meeting 12:30 PM riders out 12:30.

There may be a camping fee, but that has not been determined at this time. Remember ORV Tags and Spark arrestors are required. Check www.observedtrials.com or www.mtscott.com for latest update information.

Directions From Portland:

Take Hwy 26 though Sandy to Zig Zag. Turn left onto Lolo Pass road. The staging and parking area is 14.6 miles with option 1 and 18.2 with option 2. The yellow gate will be at 10.4 miles.
(Option 1 short cut.) Through the yellow gate. This is a descent, steep gravel road for 4.2 miles with some tight back-to-back turns and 4) some what mild water bars.
(Option 2, usually the smoother route.) Turn right at the yellow gate on road #18, it is approx. 7.6 miles from the gate to the staging area with approx. 5.5 miles of gravel.

Directions From Hood River (recommended for larger motor homes and trailers):

Take the first off ramp for Hood River #62. (I believe there is a West bound exit 62
Take the first right onto Country Club Rd. (Start odometer here.)
Lt Onto Barrett Drive.
@4.1 Rt On Tucker Rd. (Wind Master market and 76 gas station.)
@6.1 Rt To Dee - Parkdale.
          @8.3 Stay on same road.
   @12.6 Veer Rt. Down to bridge.
           @12.7 Cross bridge.
@12.7 Lt Lost Lake Rd. (Other side of the bridge towards Lolo Pass.)
@14.0 Lt (Stay on Lost Lake Rd.)
@14.5 (Stay on Lost Lake Rd.)
@17.6 (Stay on Lost Lake Rd. to Lolo Pass.)
@20.7 Lt. Onto Lolo Pass Rd.
@23.8 (Stay on Lolo Pass Rd.)
@26.4 Rt. Into gravel staging area.

This route is approximately 24 miles longer from Portland, and 15-20 mins. quicker than the route from Zig Zag on Lolo Pass Rd. This would be the preferred route for medium to large RV’s.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: