Observed Trials
May 18, 2024, 11:31:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WEDNESDAY NIGHT EVENT ADDED 8/18/10  (Read 2741 times)
marke

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2010, 06:40:02 pm »

I have talked with others and we are adding another event for the Wednesday Night Series.  It will be on August 18th, 2010 out towards Sandy (near Dodge Park, about 15-20 minutes east of Gresham/Troutdale).  I will post directions later.  Normal start times (6ish) and fees, extremely short loop and Mrs. Snyder is considering catering the event.  Parking may be tight, so please no semis, trailers, motorhomes, etc. if you can avoid it and no spectator riding, but feel free to carpool and bring observers.  It is not a good location for the first time novice rider.  Hope you can make it, call me at 503-806-1379 with any questions.   Mark
MXER10

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:47:44 pm »

Mark,
Sorry I can't make that one, its my 24th anneversary! Undecided
marke

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 05:34:59 pm »

Directions-  Coming from Portland-I-84 eastbound, take the Troutdale exit (exit 17).  Go by the truck stops on this 1 way street, turn right and go south past the outlet mall on your left (you'll be on 257th).  You'll go south on 257th for awhile, passing Mt. Hood Community College on your left.  At Division St. (7-11 on the corner on your left), turn left (east).  Division will angle to the right after 302nd (which has a flashing yellow light).  Go to the right at the angle, which is SE Oxbow Dr.  You'll go through some wooded curves and come to an intersection where a road angles up and to the right or SE Oxbow continues to the left.  You can take the right, which is SE Altman Rd.  If you miss this, keep going on Oxbow and turn right on Hosner Rd.  At SE Lusted Rd., turn left (east).  There will be nurseries all around you.  You are going to stay on Lusted for a while, you will go down a steep, twisty hill, then go straight and come to another, steep, twisty hill.  At the bottom of the last hill, you will go over a green bridge over the Sandy River and the road will go to the right.  STAY WAY TO THE RIGHT and go straight down the small road to your very right, which is SE Marsh Rd.  Marsh Rd. runs parallel to the river, is marked as a dead end and is a little rough.  Go down Marsh about a mile and on your left, you'll see a manufactured home with an ugly red door and a pole barn (12280 SE Marsh Rd.).

Directions-  Coming from the South-I-205 northbound, take the Hwy 212/224 exit east bound.  Go through Damascus and into Boring.  At SE 282nd (a signal there, is next signal past the Shell station/Richey Rd), go north bound.  Continue north, turn right at SE Orient Dr (Chevron and John Deere on corners).  After getting onto Orient, you will make an immediate left on SE Dodge Park Blvd.  If you pass a feed store on your left hand side, you passed the turn.  On SE Dodge Park Blvd, you will go through the community of Pleasant Home.  Keep going straight on Dodge Park.   Eventually, you will come to a stop sign at SE Lusted Rd.  Turn right and you will go down a steep, twisty hill.  You will go over a green bridge over the Sandy River and the road will go to the right.  STAY WAY TO THE RIGHT and go straight down the small road to your very right, which is SE Marsh Rd.  Marsh Rd. runs parallel to the river, is marked as a dead end and is a little rough.  Go down Marsh about a mile and on your left, you'll see a manufactured home with an ugly red door and a pole barn (12280 SE Marsh Rd.). 

I DO NOT ADVISE YOU TO USE MAPQUEST OR SIMILAR AS THEY WILL SEND YOU ON A LONGER ROUTE THROUGH THE CITY OF SANDY.

JayLael

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:06:33 pm »

Thanks Mark and Family, friends, neighbors etc for putting on a fabulous, fun Wednesday night trials event!  The sections were just great and the after trial hot dogs were perfect!  Your efforts are much appreciated!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: