Observed Trials
May 19, 2024, 10:39:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to upgrade from my Montesa 315  (Read 2742 times)
Tawmass

View Profile Email
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:12:42 pm »

I currently have my '03 Montesa 315 Cota. I have someone who's very hot to buy it, so was looking to upgrade to something a tad newer, preferably a 2-stroker. Any suggestions? I keep being steered towards a Sherco, but not too many trials bikes out there at the moment. Any good used, newer bikes out there, let me know. Appreciate the input guys.
-Tom
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:53:36 am by Tawmass » Logged
dwertsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:58:17 pm »

Check out RYPUSA.com for a list of used Sherco's and you can also check some of the other local clubs classifieds (links on club website). Locally I've not seen much for sale. Other sources are GasGas.com, Lewisport.com and Tec-cycles.com.

I have been looking since October to replace a 2000 sherco 125. They all have some issues but are all good in their own ways.
Gas Gas and Beta are also good options but you really should ride as many different bikes as you can to get a good idea of how different they are if you get a chance.
Good luck!

David
Tawmass

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:26:42 am »

Hey David, thanks, those links were very helpful. I really wasn't aware that all the different brands of trials bikes had that many different personalities. Will do my best to try a bunch out.
thanks,
-Tom
Tawmass

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 04:38:42 pm »

Thanks to those of you that replied in my search. I found a Montesa 4RT from a friend in S. Oregon - an offer I couldn't refuse. See you on the trails.
-Tom
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: