Observed Trials
May 17, 2024, 12:29:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOLO PASS 2016 update 1 - currently a GO!  (Read 6552 times)
dwertsch

View Profile Email
« on: August 11, 2016, 11:55:30 pm »

Looks like we have a GO for LOLO PASS this year so far as long as the weather holds and no fires appear in the area.

There are a couple of items to take note of:
1. Logging is taking place and they are staging out of the gravel Pit were we typically stage our event.
2. There is a fuel Truck and helicopter on the west part of the parking area  (near the rock garden) and tank trailer near the gravel pile.

What does this mean? We will have a more limited space to camp. Most of the shady places are being used by loggers already so we'll have to make due with what is left.
It may mean camping along the powerlines.  If you plan on bringing a big rig be sure to arrive early - there are a few spots but not many for larger RVs and please park close to allow others to have a place.
WE NEED TO KEEP CLEAR OF THE TANKER TRUCK AND HELI AND MAKE SURE THEIR TRUCKS CAN ACCESS THE TANKS AND GET AROUND TO THE HELICOPTER.

I'll add more info when I get it. Dennis and crew will be running the Sunday event and I'll be running Saturday.
Hope to see everyone there. David.
dwertsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 10:10:35 am »

We are doing a final Check with the forest Service TODAY to confirm the event is still on - It has been hot so PLEASE CHECK THE SITE THIS EVENING/TOMORROW MORNING for any change in the event Status.

Thanks David
dwertsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 08:26:12 pm »

We do have final Clearance to Ride this weekend!!!

We are at IPFL 2. So open campfires and other things are NOT allowed as well as NO SMOKING unless your in your car or a completely open area such as the parking lot an not near any brush etc.

Spark arresters are needed. please bring one.

HOOD TO COAST NOTICE - this weekend!:
 Those of you traveling up highway 26 to the trial may be impacted by it. Look up hood to coast online to see start times and when it will be moving up/down the  mountain.

dwertsch

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 11:08:48 am »

We had fantastic weather for the LOLO PASS event!
Saturday had 20 riders and Sunday 19 riders on the course.
A huge thanks goes out to Nathan Fletcher at the MT Hood National forest Service for assisting in the permitting to allow us to ride at this fantastic venue. There is no other place like it in the NW that we ride and if you have not been here you are missing out! We will try and put it on the schedule earlier in the season next year so put it on your calendar for 2017!

Even though logging was going on and many camping sites were occupied, there was still room to camp, the logging crew was friendly and welcomed the influx of trials riders. A helicopter which lands at the staging area was moving logs from the cut site to the truck loading area and it was really cool to see it take off, land and refuel in such a small area - Awesome Piloting skills!

All the sections were in the shaded forest and a nice breeze was around both days to keep temps moderate.
The dry rocks were surprisingly slick compared to other riding areas and it kept ALL riders on their guard to try and keep their feet on the pegs.
A longer loop on Saturday tested fitness for all riders while Sunday tested how well riders recovered from the previous days competition with some challenging sections - some easier and some more difficult for all classes.

Hope to see everyone at the next event!!!
Sideup

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 07:56:07 pm »

David, Dennis,

Thanks for a great weekend of trials.   I love LOLO.  I am not quite use to a two day trials so I ran out of steam on day two.  Recovered fine.  Thanks to Brian and Mike for the fun time group check.

Good Job!

Jack B.
 Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: