Observed Trials
April 29, 2024, 06:31:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PST Scott Trial sept 7th  (Read 1998 times)
dcookson

View Profile Email
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:53:07 pm »

Hello Fellow Trialers,

PST will be hosting the "Wild Hare Scott Trial"  on Sept 7th.  Straddleline ORV Park just west of Olympia.   New sections, new trails and a Scott format.   Timed event, observed sections,  sign up at 8am.  camping and facilities at the park.  We have been working hard to bring you a memorable event. come join us and celebrate a 100 year tradition in observed trials competition.    Details will be posted on PST website in August.

Hope to see you There, good times guaranteed!! 

Don Cookson, Bill Latham, Barry Cramton
dcookson

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:39:06 pm »

Hello again,

If you are looking for a change of scenery and a new challenge come out and ride with us at the PST "Wild Hare Scott trial"  on Sept 7th.

Straddleline ORV Park, just west of Olympia,  Hwy 8 , mile post 11   

Timed event, observed sections, door prizes including a new "tire" 

Forecast looks perfect -   Novice , intermediate, Advanced, Expert.

We would love to see some premier PM riders.  Good times!!!! 

First rider out 9am
dcookson

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:28 am »

Thought you all would like to know Jay Terry attended our Scott Trial and blistered the course!  this was a new format and didn't quite know how it would play out.  Observed score plus loop time.

Jay was first out for the afternoon group, he never looked back and no one could catch him.  Jay rolled in after first loop to grab loop 2 score card, face red, eyes wide open, hands shaking, and a big smile.   only about 28 minutes had past!  I couldn't believe he was back already.  The loop was about 3 miles with 10 big sections. 

With a hoot he was off again for loop 2

next time in for card 3 he was dripping wet and even more red, huffing and puffing but determined to keep a fast pace,  I saw fire in his eyes and smoke boiling out of his helmet, the man was possessed!  can you say "Speed Demon"

He's back again, turns in the final card :   78 minutes total time, Fastest in Expert support

Paul Neff and Don Petrick  were also flying and had a really close battle in expert.

Don Petrick  1st place   79 min, but lower observed score

Paul Neff   2nd place   78 min

Jay Terry  78 min, I think he placed 2nd or 3rd but set fast time

Petrick was out before Neff and set the pace. Paul couldn't let Don out run him so the race was on. I didn't expect such intensity in a club trial but these guys decided to go all out and make a statement.  I think the course allowed them to just go for it! 

we spent about 3 months, many weekends building this one, it was over in 78 minutes!  for some experts.  I am still amazed at the level these guys pushed themselves.  What a day!  I think we'll have paramedics at the next one!

final results will be posted soon on PST website. 

Don Cookson - PST

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: