Observed Trials
April 24, 2024, 01:59:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awards, discussion for banquet  (Read 11943 times)
m wirth

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2016, 05:07:17 pm »

Well the year end awards are all ordered and will be done this week. I’ve been doing all the awards, except when marshals that have wanted to make special ones for their event, since 1996. I’m sure some people like the little tags I have made up and some don’t really care but the main reason I went to just them, rather than one being attached to a generic bike trophy, was that it saved the club at least eight dollars per award. I tried to make them sometimes whimsical reflecting either on the event or the good natured trials marshal making sure the place and date were always on them.
Not everyone in the club knows but due to some medical issues, not mental as some may suggest, I will not be able to ride competitively any more and therefore will not be attending most of the events during the year. This does weigh heavily on me since I have been riding trials for 46 years, never being that good but enjoying it immensely.
So……. With the many new faces at the events I have been to and our old stalwarts someone may want to take over the job either using the old formula or with a new eye on it, something different and better.
Just wanted to put this out there before the banquet so everyone could think about it, and it doesn’t have to be just one person doing it, some good friends could team up and make it really easy.
See you at the banquet.

Sincerely
mike wirth 
reidinitaly

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 01:27:57 pm »

Mike, I don't know if I ever thanked you enough back in the day for helping me learn the ropes, but your kindness and patience were greatly appreciated!
m wirth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 03:11:05 pm »

Daryn, thank you for the kind words. I went lurking on your face book and saw that you will be forwarding the patience and knowledge you have learned to that goodlooking minnie me, Mason. and your picture looked just like you, only all grown up. Congratulations on your success in the Navy.
mike
m wirth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 03:27:16 pm »

As was finalized at the year end meeting the award tags will be generic, not having the event name or date, so as to save some money when the class does not have a full compliment. I have had made up six sets, first is gold, second is silver and third is bronze, the remainder of the sets will be ordered later in the season.
TRIALS MARSHAL, after the event is over please return all unused tags to the person in charge of the tags, including tags of people receiving awards who left early, the person can request them at a later date if they care to.
All the unused tags can then be reused.
If an event is going to have a Kids Trial please contact me several weeks in advance so we can have made finisher awards, I currently still have some available but may need to increase the supply.
If a Trials Marshal elects to have custom awards made this should be cleared with the executive members several weeks prior to the event.

Feet Up
Mike wirth
Instigate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 04:12:57 pm »

Thanks Mike!  We appreciate you organizing these 2017 awards on the club's behalf! 

I'm looking forward to seeing the Gold, Silver and Bronze awards!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: